Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring. Break.

Whoop! It's that fabulous week in March when college students head somewhere warm to drink tequila and take their clothes off.

I'm going north to sit at home and watch a ridiculous amount of cable. I also have a to do list. This list....is going to be the topic of this blog. Hopefully I'll look back on this in the next couple days and actually remember to do this stuff.

1. Send in the rebate for my phone. I got a new phone about a month and half back with the whole fifity dollar rebate thing. I still haven't sent it in. My parents are going to kill me. I have 60 days to send it in before it expires. I can pretty much gaurantee that it will be sent in on day 59. That is just how I operate...why do something now when I can do it later? I think it would be interesting to do a time value study of time instead of money.

2. Send in my signed acceptance of my Baylor stuff. Yikes. I have to send them money, too. Bitches.

3. Fill out the FAFSA. Baylor is giving me a good amount of assistance, but I still have to fill out the FAFSA for living expenses. wtf. Apartments start at $500 and my assistantship is only $2,000 for the semester. Yeah, I'm grateful, of course, but that isn't going to pay my bills.

****Side note, I know I'm getting older becuase I have an audible "Awwww..." reaction when I see babies. I never thought I would have that reaction even when I had kids. I guess the whole maternal thing actually does kick it...it must be genetic.

****Another side note, Jim Gaffigan is actually funny. I don't laugh at tv a lot, but...I've been laughing almost nonstop for the past 20 minutes. Thank you, J-Gaf!

4. Read Dorian Gray. I guess this one is more of a happy to-do. Oscar Wilde is absolutely amazing. I love everything about him, even the fact that he had a thing for young boys. I don't (or at least try not to) judge. I have a feeling he was impeccably charming.

5. Laundry. Once again my laundry has accumulated. Its always fun to unload my hamper because I can see the progression of my outfits. I know when I'm getting to the weekend laundry because it starts smelling more and more like smoke and the clothes get sluttier and sluttier. My push up bras also make an appearance about every seven days of laundry. What would a weekend be without me forcing my breasts into a bra that forces them up and out, preferably into some drunk dude's eyesight.

6. Thank you notes and gifts. I have about five thank you notes that are a good two months overdue. I figure that to distract my profs from the lateness I'll give them something. I was thinking of giving them plants, because that seems kind of creative? I mean, you don't get a houseplant every day. After thinking about it a little more, I thinkn I'm just going to get them free trade chocolate.

7. Homework. Oh school. :) I actually get excited for my econ assignments though, and I adore my int'l econ class. I'm hoping this is indicative of how grad school will be.

8. Email Baylor about housing. I kind of need to figure out where I'm going to live. As stated before, it is, blarg, expensive. Hopefully, Baylor can help with the whole finding a roommate thing. Speakin of roommates, hopefully not everyone at Baylor is super conservative. I'm a little afraid I'm walking into Oral Roberts or something. I'm sure I'll be able to find some underground rebels though that are all like....we drink AND love Jesus!

9. Buy Twilight. Yeah...I'm shameless.

No comments: