Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oye!

1. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

2. My n key sticks, and I've been sending people random messages on my instant messenger and facebook that involve a random string on "n"s in the middle of a sentence.

3. Jay Leno really isn't that funny.

4. I sometimes forget that not everyone is a fan of profanity. I was working on some accounting problems with a kid from class. They were hard (the problems). I swore...a lot. I got weird looks...lots of them. It kind of just wants to make me swear more. We were also loitering around Perkins the other night, and I was using my liberal language like usual. I actually got kicked under the table by one of my friends. There may or may not have been an eight year old girl sitting like ten feet away who probably shouldn't be assaulted repeatedly by the F word.

5. I really dislike using the phrase "I love you." It actually makes my skin crawl...unless I'm talking to my family. They are the only people in this world who I don't hold to my utility theory of friendship...probably because they are family, and I feel like they have a contractual obligation to love me regardless of how bitchy and selfish I can be. I don't have to be of any benefit to them because my benefit is intrinsic. Now, if I had a healthy view of people in general, I should apply this theory to everyone--benefits are intrinsic. Friends should be useful to you in their existence, not in what they can do for you and vice versa. I think my utility theory shows how I value people and that I obviously don't believe people have intrinsic value. If I don't believe other people have intrinsic value its probably safe to say I don't believe I have intrinsic value. But I know that isn't true because I completely believe people are valuable. However, I think that maybe everyone has the same intrinsic value which puts us all on the same level...therefore utility does become important. I don't know....it doesn't really matter anyway.

6. Jimmy Fallon also isn't funny.

7. My roommates and I are having a conversation about new monasticism. I don't exactly know what that is, but monasticism is a really fabulous word. Some words just make me happy because of their phonetics or my connotations. Like, I hate the word "nibble." I also hate the word "ointment." Bleh...just bad words.

8. Drama sucks...particularly when it involves people you really care about. I hate seeing someone hurting. Its so ingrained in me to please people--partly because of my utility theory of friendship, partly because its just how I am--that I just can't stand someone not being happy. So when my roommates have issues or other friends have issues I give the only gift I know how--comedy. When I think back to some of the really emotional times I've had with friends and family, I usually am the first to crack some joke. I'm not sure if I do this because I think it will actually help the situation, or if its because I don't know how to respond to the situation in any type of mature manner.

9. I am kind of in love with Oscar Wilde. I know he was supposedly gay, but he was also one of the wittiest fellows ever. He was also Irish. Fabulous! Who wouldn't have a crush on a man whose last words were, "Either these drapes go, or I do..."? I've never actually read anything of his...I should change that.

10. I texted through my entire night class, and I feel kind of bad. If I was the professor I would take personal offense to someone texting through my class. I know its nonsense, but I would think, "Wow, I'm so boring they have to text," or "Wow, My lecture is so easy they don't have to pay attention." Then I would probably just become a huge bitch and make everything really hard for everyone because of the one girl texting in the front row. I have a tendency to take out my self esteem issues on others. I don't have confidence in my teaching skills...everyone else gets an extra hour of homework.

No comments: