Sunday, November 15, 2009

Potluck!

I have not blogged since March. What the average personal blog reader doesn't know is that I have about 10 incomplete drafts saved. So this blog is going to be a culmination of those drafts...incoherent and unoriginal, much like the other posts on this blog.
1. The Last Croissant

OK, so this blog never materialized...its blank. I'm also not sure what the story is behind the title. I mean...yeah, I have no idea. Since the time of draft is 2:30 am, I'm just going to assume I was hungry and inebriated (its been known to happen). Maybe one of my roommates ate my last croissant? Maybe I wanted to write a short story about a french baker...I have no idea.
2. Why I love my bangs....

'I have never considered myself a "girly girl". To some, this is a shock...to others, this is not. Let me paint a brief picture--one that resembles a third grader's hand-turkey art project made specifically for the front door of that gleaming Kenmore situated in a grandmother's kitchen.'

I'm not exactly sure where I was going with this, err, creative (?) intro. My guess it that it was going to end up talking about how much I love my bangs. Why I thought anyone cared about this....I don't know. Maybe I was going to use my hair as a jumping off point to discuss my transformation from a t-shirt & punk accessory wearing teenager to a more classically styled (though at times plain and Liz Lemon emulating) fashion philosophy. In middle school I rocked the flannel shirt tied around my waste along with carpenter jeans and doc martens. I looked like a lesbian in training. I am a little upset no one held an intervention....I mean...COME ON! I looked ridiculous.

So anyway...maybe I was going to talk about fashion transformations. Who knows....

3. Dak is Wack!

'In honor of my six month review I've compiled a list of the fabulousness I've learned while working at Daktronics.

1. I'm emotionally involved with my adding machine. If I see unfamiliar numbers on the calculator tape protruding from Nigel (yes, he has a name), I get defensive. I immediately start the interrogation. "Nigel, what were you doing last night?" "How could you! I don't care if it was my boss!"'

Ok.....So I was going to write an insightful blog regarding the corporate culture and my role at Daktronics. Eh....I'm not sure it was wise to start this 'insightful' blog talking about my close relationship with an electronic device. I owe a lot to that adding machine though. I perfected my ten-key technique on him. Of course, by perfected I mean I'm marginally faster than I was before I started working there.

4. Reconciliation

'I swear I am not on a "R" title kick...It has just been fitting to use words with religious connotations.

There are few places in Sioux Falls I have sentimental feelings towards, which for me is saying quite a lot, since I am sentimental about everything. These locations in Sioux Falls are all categorized by memories, as most sentimental connotations are. Falls Park is where my best friends and I decided it would be smart to roll down some hills with a vengance for creating the worst grass stains in history. Its also where we took ridiculous pictures of ourselves (we are afterall, college aged women, taking narcisistic photos is what we do), sat around on rocks contemplating our weekend plans, sang the praises of John Morell and its wonderful smells, and most importantly caught dozens of people making out their respective vehicles after 10 p.m.'

Yeah...not sure where I was going with this blog post. Possible I was going to talk about Jimmy John's. Actually...that is exactly what I was going to blog about. Sunday morning (afternoon usually) is Jimmy John's time. I LOVE JJ's...but not just because of their french bread. I love JJ's because that is where we would gather and reconstruct the events of the previous night--commenting on the flirtations, libations and debauchery of the previous night. Plus, I usually needed someone to come get me and take me to my car, usually at Tinner's...sometimes at Augie...never where it should be. JJ's usually culminated in some kind of apology. When drinking, we don't usually consider other's feelings...and that usually results in 'Doh!' moments that need to be rectified the next day, less you lose a friend....or not really lose a friend, just have to deal with a really pissed friend for the next few days until it blows over. For instance, I get super pushy when I drink a lot...I mean...totally bitchtastic. I usually have to apology for name calling and selfishness and yelling. Who would have thought that alcohol would bring out my Irish demeanor?

5. Bloggin' like a Robin

'I'm not exactly sure what that means...but I also don't really care. I'm feeling listy and bored, so its list time!

10. I really enjoy Geico commercials. Tv, radio, magazines...I don't care! I kind of enjoy quite a bit of advertising. My thoughts are...these things are paying so I can watch hours upon hours of crappy reality tv so I can dig it.

9. I'm moving to Texas. Exciting and all that jazz. Thats pretty much all I have to say about that. Studying econ in the lone star state.....woohoo.

8. My nephew peed on the floor. I don't even know why it was hilarious...but it was. I laughed a lot.

7. I'm an idiot. Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb'

This partial blog was written about four days before I moved to Texas. Eh. I think what I can conclude regarding all these partial blog posts is that I do not have complete thoughts....just a bunch of partial ones.


No comments: